Free Webinar June 28, 2016: One Health Approach for Elimination of Taenia solium Taeniosis/Cysticercosis
The One Health Commission is proud to support and share announcement of a free webinar: A One Health Approach for Elimination ofTaenia solium Taeniosis/ Cysticercosis
Webinar Date & Time: June 28, 2016 @ 9-11am EDT
This webinar will provide an overview of Taenia soliumtaeniosis/cysticercosis, its epidemiology, impact on human health and economic burden. One Health challenges for detection and treatment as well as opportunities for combating cysticercosis will be discussed.Click here to register
Speakers will include subject matter experts A. Lee Willingham, BSc, DVM, PhD, Andrea Winkler, MD, PhD and Maria Vang Johansen, DVM, PhD, Dipl. EVPC.
While it is open to the public, medical, veterinary and public health professionals will especially benefit from attending this FREE webinar.
- Understand the life cycle and transmission of T. solium
- Become aware of the parasite’s societal impacts
- Become familiar with the social determinants of T. solium infection
- Understand the linkage between cysticercosis and epilepsy/other neurological problems
- Become aware of challenges for case detection and management in resource limited endemic areas
- Become familiar with available and needed diagnostic and surveillance tools