This post originally appeared on the ILRI Jobs page available at: https://ilrijobs.wordpress.com/2017/11/07/ilri-vacancy-post-doctoral-fellow-diagnostic-assays-closing-date-7-december-2017/
The International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI) seeks to recruit a Post-Doctoral Fellow-Diagnostic Assays to support the diagnostic activities associated with the Zoolink project. These include both the analysis of samples collected during the life of the project and the conversion of selected assays into pen-side or high-throughput formats.
ILRI works to improve food and nutritional security and reduce poverty in developing countries through research for efficient, safe and sustainable use of livestock. It is the only one of 15 CGIAR research centres dedicated entirely to animal agriculture research for the developing world. Co-hosted by Kenya and Ethiopia, it has regional or country offices and projects in East, South and Southeast Asia as well as Central, East, Southern and West Africa. www.ilri.org
- To source or develop and establish at ILRI the most appropriate assays for screening of human and animal samples for the targeted zoonotic diseases.
- To supervise the performance of the assays and interpret the results
- To transfer the assays to suitable high-throughput and penside formats, and validate the performance of the new assays
- Contribute to resource mobilization and capacity building
- Interact with other members of the group
- Publish results as peer-reviewed articles
- PhD in Medical, Veterinary or Biological Sciences
- Requisite and relevant publication record
- 2 to 5 years’ experience in relevant techniques in the development and performance of serological and nucleic acid–based diagnostic assays
Post location: The research work will be undertaken in ILRI’s main laboratories in Nairobi and in the field laboratory in Busia, Kenya.
Position level: Post-doctoral level.
Duration: 3 years with the possibility of renewal, contingent upon individual performance and continued funding.
Benefits: ILRI offers a competitive salary and benefits package which includes medical insurance, life insurance and allowances for: education, housing, home leave, and annual holiday entitlement of 30 days + public holidays.
Applicants should send a cover letter and CV expressing their interest in the position, what they can bring to the role and the names and addresses (including telephone and email) of three referees who are knowledgeable about the candidate’s professional qualifications and work experience to the Director, People and Organizational Development through our recruitment portal http://ilri.simplicant.com/ on or before 7 December 2017. The position title and reference number: PDDA/11/2017should be clearly marked on the subject line of the online application.
We thank all applicants for their interest in working for ILRI. Due to the volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ILRI does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing or training). ILRI also does not concern itself with information on applicants’ bank accounts.
To find out more about ILRI visit our website at http://www.ilri.org
To find out more about working at ILRI visit our website at http://www.ilri.org/ilricrowd/
ILRI is an equal opportunity employer.